Sunday, November 22, 2009

Catching Up

Once again it has been some time (ok 5 months) since I last updated my blog. I don't know how people do it every day or so.

Not a lot to say except through photographs ... so here goes.

Earlier this year Derrick and Kimberly and I met at Huntington Beach for engagement photos. In August, we shared the day at their wedding along with some their really great friends and family. The group was great fun and had some fun playing in a few photos.





Hot Time for All
Then there was the outdoor wedding on the hottest day of the year - it was between 104 and 108 that day. It sure was a good thing that the bride, Erin, and her her husband, Eric, are adventurous people with family who know how to throw a great party.



































The Beach and Marina
I had the opportunity to photograph James and Ennette's engagement photos at the beach and followed that up by being one of three photographers at the wedding. This was the first time I worked with other photographers at a wedding. It made the day close to stress free. Ennette and James are friends with so many photographers we got to enjoy the day while we were not on assignment. I photographed the women and the reception.



















































All in the Family
The fall brought the first wedding in my family for the next generation. Aaron Ocegueda, my sister's son, married Victoria Porter on October 16 in Louisville, Kentucky. The were married in the beautiful stone Duncan Memorial Chapel in Olden County.



























I had to get a shot of the incredible stain glass windows.














Duncan Memorial Chapel is located at a cemetery which had several interesting features














Aaron and Vicki were good sports and let me use the environment for a bit of an unusual shot.














But we also took some shots of the beautiful bride














And the dip



















But the Groom has a great sense of humor and the rest of the wedding party played along ...














It was a great wedding and lots of fun.

Congratulations folks!

No comments: