Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fall Color

Since Thanksgiving has just past and before we get to far along with our tree trimming, gift shopping, and caroling, I thought I should send off fall with some colorful images.

I traveled to Kentucky in October when fall was just arriving to the area. There were pockets of color to be found. However, I was a little early for fall's full display.






















I had the opportunity to visit Bernheim Forrest to view the color with my friend Stacy Smith who is a graphic artist and my driver around the park. She dressed for the day.















However, this is my favorite image from the day. Summer was holding out with a few bright green leaves. I love the yellow, orange, red, and even the warm browns.














Thanksgiving I was in California's Central Valley rich with orchards and vineyards.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

beautiful photos Brenda!

John Flowers said...

Hey Bren, I too was in California's Central Valley for Thanksgiving. My pics didn't turn out as nice as yours though. Thanks for sharing these nice pics.